LOGO_CRYPTO_SIGHT

PewDiePie to Exclusively Stream Weekly on Blockchain Platform DLive

By Chris Torres | April 14, 2019
thecryptosight-pewdiepie-to-exclusively-stream-weekly-on-blockchain-platform-dlive
PewDiePie to Exclusively Stream Weekly on Blockchain Platform DLive

One of YouTube’s most popularly subscribed channels PewDiePie will start streaming exclusively instead on a weekly basis on blockchain-based livestream video platform DLive from April 14.

DLive is the largest known live streaming community powered by the LINO blockchain. According to its press release (Apr 9), Wilson Wei, co-Founder of Lino Network, said DLive “benefits creators to support one another. With no platform cuts, we incentivize everyone to create the highest quality content for viewers. PewDiePie has always been a fierce advocate for the value that creators bring with their hard work, time, and effort, and he believes in DLive’s vision.”

DLive claims to have over 3 million monthly active users, and 35,000 active streamers. It allows both content makers and viewers to earn rewards in LINO Points, the LINO blockchain’s native cryptocurrency.

Some video streaming platforms take up to 50% of a creator’s earnings. But DLive says 90.1% of all subscriptions and gifts go directly to creators, with the remaining 9.9% going to a pool that rewards users with LINO Points for their contributions to the network on a daily basis.

PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, commented on the move, saying,  “I’m excited to start live streaming again regularly! DLive is great for me because I’m treated like a real partner, just like all of the other streamers on DLive’s unique platform.”

PewDiePie has also confirmed the news on his YouTube channel, which currently has 93.9 million subscribers and over 20.9 billion video views. Established in 2010, he is known for comedic and gaming commentary related videos and vlogs.

While long holding the title of being the most subscribed YouTube channel, he has seen strong contention lately from T-Series, a record label from India known for Bollywood songs and Indian pop which currently has 93.7 million subscribers (at press time).

Neck and neck together, rivalry escalated when PewDiePie was accused of making racist and derogatory comments via his videos about T-Series and Indians – claims he has denied as being just remarks made in jest. This month, T-Series has been seeking court action for PewDiePie to remove his offensive videos.

The controversy has not been officially claimed as a cause for PewDiePie to venture over to DLive.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments